Avoid any brushes with the law, with our helpful guide! We give you the essential facts on tyre law to make sure you pass your MOT and avoid any problems with insurance claims or roadside checks. Looking to change your tyre size? In this section you can find out how to do this legally and safely. Finally, if you’re travelling abroad, you can discover which countries require you to fit winter tyres, and find information on EU legislation (labelling, TPMS etc.)
- Comply with the law
- In which countries are winter tyres mandatory?
- Approval markings: are your tyres compliant?
- Recycling used tyres: how does it work?
- Is UTQG a reliable source of information when choosing new tyres?
See all 5 guides
- Tyre size equivalents
- What you need to consider before changing tyre size
- 2 options to change your tyre size legally and safely
- Why change your tyres’ load index and speed rating?
See all 4 guides